Late Breaking Abstract Submission is open. Please read the information below then click here to submit your abstract.
We are pleased to advise that the IUHPE Conference will be accepting late breaking abstracts for the 2019 Conference as an opportunity to include recent innovations and research updates.
Late breaking abstracts will open on December 1st and will close at 0800 GMT on Thursday 20th December. No extension beyond this date will be possible so please ensure you plan ahead and get your submission in on time.
Late breaking abstract submissions will be accepted as 3) research oral/poster presentation or 4) innovation in policy and practice oral/poster presentation only. For further information on each of these formats, please click here
Please note abstracts already submitted for review earlier in the year will not be reconsidered and should not be resubmitted. Late breaking abstracts should focus on new research and innovations.
Please note all abstracts must be submitted in accordance with the guidelines below:
• Abstract submission will close at 0800 GMT on Thursday 20th December, late submissions will not be accepted.
• All abstracts must be submitted through the online form available from December 1st.
• Abstracts can be submitted in English, French, Spanish and Te Reo Maori (The submission must be made in the language of the presentation at the Conference).
• During submission you will be able to select ONE submission format - either 3) research oral/poster presentation or 4) innovation in policy and practice oral/poster presentation.
• Authors are welcome to submit multiple abstracts, however each abstract must be submitted for only one submission format.
• Abstracts must be submitted on the appropriate template available below.
• Authors whose abstracts are submitted will be expected to register for the Conference. (Please note: presenters do not get complimentary or discounted registrations so will need to register at the advertised rates)
Abstracts should be typed into the appropriate template listed below. Save this on your computer and upload in the online submission form when available.
• The abstract must not exceed the 2500 character limit. Abstracts exceeding the 2500 limit will be returned for re-submission. The character limit relates to the text only (including spaces) of the abstract and does not include the title.
• Do NOT write outside the boxes or amend the layout of the template in any way.
• Abstract submissions must not include tables or figures.
• The abstract should be typed in Arial font, size 11pt and single line spacing.
• Please only use standard abbreviations or define them in full.
• Accuracy is the responsibility of the author - please ensure that you proof read your submission carefully.
• DO NOT include authors and affiliations in the abstract, as these will be entered into the online submission form.
• Research presentation (oral/poster) Template
• Innovation in policy and practice presentation (oral/poster) Template
Review and Notifications of Acceptance
The members of the Global Scientific Committee will consider all submissions against the criteria:
• Originality and creativity
• Clarity of content
• Contribution to knowledge / evidence for promoting health and equity
• Relevance to the theme and subthemes of the Conference
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author in early February 2019. In order to confirm acceptance, authors will be expected to register and pay for the Conference by end of February 2019.
The Meeting Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.