The Global Scientific Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 23rd IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion held in Rotorua, New Zealand from 7th to 11th April 2019.
All abstract submitters, including individual contributors, are encouraged to interact and collaborate with other presenters and participants wherever possible. Participatory, collaborative and non-traditional session formats will be given priority in the selection process.
• Call for Abstracts Open: 26 March 2018
• Closing Date for Submission of Abstracts: 31 August 2018
• Approximate date of acceptance of abstract: 22 October 2018
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 360 1240
Abstracts can be submitted in eight different formats: 1) symposium, 2) workshop, 3) research oral/poster presentation, 4) innovation in policy and practice oral/poster presentation, 5) round table discussion, 6) alternative showing/new technology, 7) alternative showing/art, and 8) lunch with an author.
For further information on each of these formats, please click here
We strongly encourage submissions on all topics relevant to health promotion. To facilitate program coherence, we encourage authors to indicate which one of the four Conference Sub-Themes (see below) better corresponds to the content of the presentation:
Ensure health equity throughout the life course, within and among countries, making each member of the global society an empowered lifelong learner
Make all urban and other habitats inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable and conducive to health and wellbeing
Climate change adaptation strategies
Design and implement effective and fair climate change adaptation strategies
Build effective, accountable and inclusive governance
Build effective, accountable and inclusive governance at all levels that promotes, peace, justice and respect of human rights
During submission, please select one of the themes most closely related to your topic and you may elaborate in your submission how your abstract contributes to Health Promotion.
Please note all abstracts must be submitted in accordance with the guidelines below:
• Abstract submission will close on 31 August 2018.
• All abstracts must be submitted through this online form.
• Abstracts can be submitted in English, French, Spanish and Maori (The submission must be made in the language of the presentation at the Conference)
• During submission you will be able to select ONE submission format and ONE theme per abstract.
• Authors are welcome to submit multiple abstracts, however each abstract must be submitted for only one submission format
and one theme.
• Abstracts should be typed into the word template. Save this on your computer and upload in the online submission form. The templates are available below.
• Do NOT write outside the boxes or amend the layout of the template in any way.
• The abstract must not exceed the 2500 character limit. Abstracts exceeding the 2500 limit will be returned for re-submission. The character limit relates to the text only (including spaces) of the abstract and does not include the title.
• For Symposium submissions the character limit is 2500 for the overall submission, and 2500 for each of the individual presentations within the Symposium.
• Abstract submissions must not include tables or figures.
• The abstract should be typed in Arial font, size 11pt and single line spacing.
• Please only use standard abbreviations or define them in full.
• Accuracy is the responsibility of the author - please ensure that you proof read your submission carefully.
• Information presented must not be published prior to the IUHPE World Conference on Health Promotion.
• DO NOT include authors and affiliations in the abstract, as these will be entered into the online submission form.
Click here to Submit your Abstract
Abstracts should be typed into the appropriate template listed below. Save this on your computer and upload in the online submission form.
Do NOT write outside the boxes or amend the layout of the template in any way.
• Symposium Template
NB: For Symposium submissions the character limit is 2500 for the overall submission, and 2500 for each of the individual presentations within the Symposium
• Workshop Template
• Research presentation (oral/poster) Template
• Innovation in policy and practice presentation (oral/poster) Template
• Round table discussion Template
• Alternative showing: New technology Template
• Alternative showing: Art Template
• Lunch with an author (book) Template
•Lunch with an author (blogs and other forms of publication) Template
Contact Details Document Template (Symposium and Workshop Submissions only)
Save this on your computer and upload in the online submission form.
Click on the relevant Template below to add contact details for each presentation or co-organizer/session trainers
• Symposium Contact Details Document
• Workshop Contact Details Document
Review and Notifications of Acceptance
The members of the Global Scientific Committee and nominated reviewers will consider all submissions against the following criteria:
• Originality and creativity
• Clarity of content
• Contribution to knowledge / evidence for promoting health and equity
• Relevance to the theme and subtheme of the Conference
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author by the end of October 2018. The Meeting Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.